I found a great vase for our mantle after Christmas at Michael's for really cheap (75% off original price). My vision for this vase was to add branches/silk flowers/etc. for each of the seasons of the year and/or holidays. My first item in the vase was some branches ($5 after Christmas at Target). Bart really liked those, but I knew it needed something else. So I took a trip to Michael's last Friday since their "spring florals" were 50% off. I found 6 long branches with small blooms on them in white, pink, and purple. Then I found a set of mini Easter eggs and these adorable chenille chicks. Olivia and I worked on the tree last Saturday. I think it turned out great! I even found some beach looking grasses (on sale for $6.99 from $24.99) to use this summer. Love Michael's--we are getting a Joann's this summer! Now, if only we could get a Hobby Lobby here in Mooresville. I'd be in craft heaven!


No comments:
Post a Comment