This is what Bart woke up to on Christmas morning. I had chosen 2 color and painted them on the wall in front of his new Fenway Park picture. Below, Bart is holding the 2 samples paint cans that were in his stocking!
|
| It has 2 HUGE closets! The one on the left is going to become my craft closet soon! I have lots of ideas from Pintrest I want to use!
I worked 3 days to get it all finished. I worked 1 day, just to get all the trim painted. Then it took 1 full day of painting a 2nd coat on the trim and rolling the 1st coat on the walls. And 1 more afternoon to roll the 2nd coat. Olivia decided that she need to help paint one day. Here is an example of her work.
Luckily, she got tired of me telling her to dab her brush, paint up and down, not to get any on the trim or carpet, so I didn't have too much of a mess on my hands.
Here is a picture of the closet wall so you can see the difference in colors.
We still have some things to do like get the State poster on the left framed, add some Red Sox and Chargers items, get a new entertainment center, curtains, pillows, work on my craft closet, and find a way to get my Mountaineers represented. But we are happy with it for now and the rest will come as I have time to work on them!
The color we used on the walls is Costal Jetty from Lowes.
|
May 2, 2012
Bonus Room Make Over
We have been in our house for a year and a half now and we really haven't had the time or money to make many changes. Luckily, when we jumped got into the process of buying it, the bank had contracted out a company to repaint it and we got to pick out some of the paint colors. Most of the house, however, is a very neutral, pale yellow. We have the good fortune of having a bonus room in this house, I decided for Christmas that I would paint and begin making that room into Bart's man cave/sports room. It has only 1 window and is on the back side of the house which gets only morning sun so it is pretty cave like. We bought a sectional, chair and end table for it last year but have done little else with it. I didn't really get a good before picture but this is what the room looked like at the beginning of the project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment