February 5, 2010
Elbow Update
I went back to the orthopedist yesterday to have a check up on my broken elbows. He did another serious of x-rays and said that he could hardly see the fracture lines now. They are healing nicely but said that I should avoid any heavy lifting for another 4 weeks. I asked specifically about my almost 25 lb. child and he said to let pain be my guide. He said that because the break area is inside the joint and is encased in fluid, that it takes longer to heal (ie 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks). So I am moving much better than before. I can get Olivia into and out of her high chair, onto the changing table, out of her crib, but I still have trouble with getting her in her car seat, into her crib, and cannot carry her for more than a minute or so. They only hurt when I try to lift something that is too heavy for me or change positions quickly. Oh, and they ache a little when it is raining. So, we are slowly but surely getting back to normal. Thanks for all the prayers and help while we've been on the injured list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment