April 22, 2013

2 Months Old

Ava is 9 weeks old now. We went for her 2 month check up last Friday on my last day off of work. :( Here are her stats:
     Weight: 9 pounds 6 ounces (still showing a steady gain of 0.6 oz/day)
     Height: 22 1/2 inches
     Head circumference: 15 inches
     Vaccines: 3 (2 shots and 1 oral) She was not a fan.
     Wearing: 0-3 Month, except for footie sleepers, she wears 3-6 months
     Sleeping: Really well. She is waking up once during the night usually between 2 and 4, then goes back to sleep until between 5 and 7.
     Eating: All breast milk now.
     Playing: She still enjoys her play mat, especially when Olivia is next to her. She still does not like tummy time, though when I lay her on the boppy on her belly she tolerates it a while longer. She is lifting her head much better. She is also fascinated with the penguin on her bouncy seat (I think because it is black and white). She has started moving around a lot more so she hits her rattles or toys on her play mat and it scares her. I imagine she will start grabbing things pretty soon.

Ava has also started smiling and "talking" in the last month. She is especially animated and talkative with Olivia. Olivia can also usually calm her if she is upset by singing. She usually sings "Jesus Loves Me", but with her own made up words. It is so funny. She calls her "freetheart" (ie: sweetheart) and "baby girl". They have to see each other each morning and evening, Olivia often helping me get Ava ready in the morning and giving her a bath. It is so sweet to see them together. Olivia told Ava one morning as we were getting ready for school "Ava, did you know you're in my heart because I love you?" It was so cute.

I returned to work on Monday. It started kind of rough with both girls crying as I walked out the door and ended rough with taking Olivia to the pediatrician with yet another ear infection. This is her 5th prescription this year for her ears.The week got a little easier each day, but I didn't make it to school on time. Luckily, I have 1st block as my planning block, so students aren't waiting on me.

Supporting the Wolfpack during the NCAA
Here is what has been going on!
Celebrating Grandmomma and Aunt Lindsey's birthdays
Meeting Uncle Andrew!
Attempting a family picture
Again
And again
That's enough !
I am done!
Spring Break park trip
And ice cream trip
Making deviled eggs for Easter Sunday meal
Pictures from Ava's first portrait session



Making her noises and smiling for the photographer!


Waiting for the wagon ride at Lazy 5.
One of our last days at home together.
2 Months Old!

No comments:

Post a Comment