October 31, 2010

Halloween

Well, there is nothing better than a snow day to finally have time to update the blog! Let's start with Halloween. Olivia was Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. I made her costume myself this year instead of buying a pre-made one. I think it turned out great and it was super easy. She got to where it several times with all the events in the area for Fall and Halloween. Our first event was the Fun Festival at our church. This was Olivia's first experience with Trick Or Treating. They had the street in front of the church blocked of and some cars with their trunks decorated. Olivia was a little hesitant with adults that were dressed up. We did get her to open her bag to get candy.

 After going Trunk or Treating, we headed to the lawn to get some snow cones and popcorn. Olivia very carefully watched some little girls sit down, open their bags, and start eating their candy. She picked up on that quickly. She kept wanting the chocolate!




I am really glad we went to the festival because Olivia wound up with an ear infection on Halloween. We still did a little Trick or Treating, just 6 or 7 houses on our end of the street. She did great. She walked most of the way, then we headed back to the house to hand out our own candy. People in the neighborhood had warned me that we would have a lot of trick or treaters, but I had no idea I would hand out all the candy I had in the house (even what I had already bought to go in our stockings). Olivia was very helpful! She sat on the front porch with me all bundled up in a blanket and handed out candy until her bedtime. She was so eager and good at her job that she had candy ready for our trick or treaters before they even got out of the car!






No comments:

Post a Comment